Sunday, January 5, 2014

Joy

Today my heart is full of gratitude and love.

Recently I told Jake that I love him, and he responded with a cute grin, "love you too."  Wow.  For a boy who just learned to put two words together recently, that's a big deal.  His first sentence with 3 words.

I've been thinking today about how he picked up on saying "love you too."  Everything else Jake has learned to say, we've taught him, saying it over and over and encouraging him to mimic us.  This time was different, though.  We hadn't taught him to respond to us telling him that we love him.

I'm so thankful to have a family full of so much love that even our little man has clearly noticed.  I'm so grateful to have a husband that constantly tells me how much he loves me.  I'm grateful to have so much love for the amazing man I married and for our beautiful children.

I'm also incredibly grateful to know that God loves me.  He loves each of His children no matter what.  No matter what we do, what we look like, or the mistakes that we make.  He loves us perfectly; more than we can possibly fathom or imagine.  I'm thankful to know that He loves me and to feel that love in my life every day.

My heart is overflowing with joy!






No comments:

Post a Comment