Thursday, March 13, 2014

Jake Update





I'm not sure how it's possible to love a little stinker SO much, but that Jake.  He's such a crazy and fun and spunky and difficult and great little boy.  I am so lucky to be his mom.  And boy do I love him.





Jake is doing really well with speaking.  After almost a year of weekly sessions, he officially graduated from speech therapy!  I'm so proud of him- it's fun to see him learn and gown.  I think that's my favorite part of being a mom right now.  I love hearing what he has to say and seeing the creative activities he comes up with to entertain himself.  Like pretending the Tupperware lids are attacking him from the cupboard.  It's fun to hear him pick up more and more.  He's teaching me a lot about what I say, too.  He's a little parrot!





Thanks to Mr. Jake, I realized that I often say, "I said 'no.'"  Jake apparently noticed because the other day Andrew and I were talking and working on hanging up the decorations in our new apartment.  Jake kept saying "cheese" over and over and over.  We had hardly acknowledged that he was talking and apparently it was making him mad.  He came over and stood right in front of me and said very sternly and loudly "I SAID CHEESE."  Andrew and I could not stop laughing.





Last night Andrew and I were talking.  We decided that there are some very un-glamorous parts of being parents: changing poopy diapers, dealing with tantrums, having snot all over your shirt and dirt all over your pants all the time, etc.  However, there are so many awesome moments that I am completely swallowed up in joy as a mom.  When Jake hugs me after his naps.  When he lays his head on my shoulder.  When he tells me he loves me.  When we're playing cars and he stops long enough to smile at me.  When he says something incredibly cute or flashes me a cheesy grin. 




I love Jake and I'm so grateful that he has shown me what being a mom is all about.




1 comment:

  1. You're beautiful and I love you and I wish our little destroyers could play together! Just caught up on your blog and miss you more than ever. :) Can you send me your new address when you have a chance?

    ReplyDelete