Tuesday, July 1, 2014

language BOOM (written 4/29)




Jake's vocabulary has exploded, and it is so, SO fun to hear what he has to say.  His new thing lately has been saying "bye bye" to everything.  Literally everything.  Bye to bugs, bye to church, by to his shoes when they come off.  He even said bye to his poop when we were changing his diaper yesterday, which I definitely chuckled about.  Speaking and understanding came a little slower and with more difficulty to Jake than the average kid, so his full sentences, new words,  and expressing emotions has been extra fun for me and Andrew.



We often get a chuckle out of what Jake has to say, but one of my favorites so far has been Jake telling us his shirts are broken now that it's warm enough for short sleeves.  He does it every time, and I always smile :)



Understanding more and being able to express what he wants has made a HUGE difference in Jake's temperament, and I think we're starting to say "bye bye" to the terrible 2's...at least a little.  He's thrown a lot less tantrums and can tell us when he needs something rather than crying until we guess what he wants.  I get so proud when he points things out or counts to 5 all by himself.  Having a little boy can be challenging, and some moments I want to pull my hair out, but it is awesome.  Completely and indescribably amazing.  And more fun than I ever imagined.  Parenting, especially a little boy as fun and energetic and goofy as Jake, has been truly joyous!




No comments:

Post a Comment