Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Festival

Saturday we went to a pumpkin festival in Norton, Ohio- not too far from where my parents live. It was small, it rained a little, and we were pretty cold, but it was still a lot of fun. 



Jake had a blast playing in a corn box, which was essentially like a sand box with lots of toys, just with corn rather than sand. I've been finding corn kearnals everywhere since then, including some falling out of the dryer just a few minutes ago when I pulled our clothes out. Just part of the adventure, I suppose. McKenna, on the other hand, hated it!



We did get a pumpkin while there, too (thanks mom and dad!). Our apartment now seems ready for Halloween, and I'm excited to carve it with Andrew and the kids in the next week or so. 



We had the best weekend! Friday evening we had family pictures with Jennifer, my cousins fiancĂ©e. She was great and has shown us some beautiful  photos she captured already. It was quite the parade getting them done, but it made it so fun, and much more successful. Behind the camera was not only Jennifer, but her two cute little girls, my grandparents, my aunt, and my cousin. And Kyle. You can't forget our dog :)


After pictures we spent some time with my grandparents and Megan, which was great. And my grandma is seriously the best cook- she kept us well fed and the kids entertained. 



My mom also spoiled us with both our favorite meals (chicken cordon bleu for Andrew and Hungarian goulash for me). Jake and my dad sliced the apples we picked and my mom made a crisp. Jake slept in his designated spot between grandma and grandpa while McKenna split time with me and Andrew in my brother's twin sized bed. The poor girl has a terrible time away from her own bed:( But she woke up happy snuggling with her sweet dad. It was a fun, fun, FUN weekend away with my family!


No comments:

Post a Comment