Thursday, May 28, 2015

Saturday Fun

May 9, 2015

After spending Friday at the zoo with our grandparents, Kim and I took the kids to our parents house. We had a fun Saturday going to the park, having a picnic with s'mores and all (minus a little poison ivy scare!), shopping (girls only!), and Jake had a blast washing the cars with grandpa. My dad says it usually takes about 45 minutes to get both of their cars washed, but with the help of a very enthusiastic 3 year old, that time doubled. Good thing my dad is a patient and kind man! Jake talked about washing the cars with grandpa for the next week. 





As if that wasn't enough excitement, Kim bought Bid's for the kids! Pure happiness!



I wrote in my journal about running around with the kids in the yard after they ate their ice cream:
"Last night I had one of those full of joy and love moments while chasing them around my parents yard. They were laughing, screaming, and squealing with joy, and my heart was full. I thought to myself that I always want to remember that moment. Their sweet smiles, sticky fingers, darling giggles, and playful grins. I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father sent them to me!"


While Kim and I were busy playing with the kids and my parents, Andrew and Darrell saw the Avengers movie, got burgers, and headed up to Wadsworth to spend the rest of the weekend with us. I'm so grateful for such a fantastic family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment