Sunday, November 25, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I love holidays with a baby.  It's so fun to have all Jake's "firsts."  We very much enjoyed his first Thanksgiving!

In the morning, Andrew, Kim, Darrell, my dad and I did a Turkey Trot while my mom stayed home and watched Jake.  This was the first trip to my parents house (which is a couple of hours north of where we live) that Jake had a hard time sleeping.  In fact, it was a nightmare.  The first night, aside from a 1.5 hour stretch, someone had to be holding him ALL night.  That's way worse than when he was a newborn!  He seemed to be afraid of the playpen.  So the lucky guy got to sleep in a real bed for the first time in his life- my parents- in between them.  He is so lucky they love and spoil him!  So are Andrew and I!



When we got back from the race, my mom fixed us a nice breakfast, we got ready for the day, and were off to my Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Tom's house.  This was the first Thanksgiving held outside of my grandparent's home, but it was perfect.  My aunt goes all out, and everything she does is nice.  The tables looked amazing, there was lots more room for us, and Jake had new territory to crawl all around. In all his adventures, his favorite finds were dog tails and my great-aunt's walker.  He loved playing with that!




Jake had fun with my aunts, uncles, and cousins and his great-grandparents.  Aside from all 3 of us having colds (mine came on just the day before, and I felt MISERABLE), it was a wonderful day.  The dinner was to die for (my grandma and aunts are wonderful cooks) and the company was great.  We have so much to be thankful for!


That night Kim, Darrell, my mom and I went shopping while Andrew and my dad held down the fort and watched Jake.  We found some good deals, although we definitely could have waited until Friday morning.  We headed too a few more stores Friday afternoon and played cards as a family in the evening.  Darrell was especially a good trooper, standing in line FOREVER.  I'll be surprised if he ever goes shopping again...ever.

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment