Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey Trot


Thanksgiving morning Andrew and I did a 5K Turkey Trot in Perry, OH with Kim, Darrell, and my dad.  It was so fun! 


It was my first official race in about 5 years, and the first 5K I've completed without walking!  I realize that's not too impressive, but I was proud of myself for getting back into running, even if it's only short distances, after having Jake.  I had been doing the elliptical, but it's nice to actually be outside while exercising.  The race took me about 33 minutes, but Andrew completed it in less than 26 minutes.  Kim, Darrell, and my dad were right after that.


During the race, as it was Thanksgiving day, I thought about the many things I am thankful for.  Most of all is my family.  I am so grateful for Andrew and Jake!  I love and adore them both so much, and I'm so glad we can be a family forever.  I enjoy every minute we spend together, and I'm incredibly thankful for the most wonderful marriage and a sweet little son.

I'm also very grateful for my parents.  It's really intimidating having a little baby who will learn so much from us, including right from wrong.  I'm so glad my parents taught me well and helped me become a better person.  I'm so lucky to have them!

I'm also thankful for my sister, who is always so fun to be around, so encouraging, and thoughtful.  She married an awesome guy, Darrell, who we all love having in the family.  I'm so glad my brother, Kory, is serving a mission in Brazil.  I also have amazing grandparents who are so full of energy and spoil us, even now.

I'm also grateful for Andrew's family- they are wonderful in-laws and amazing grandparents, aunts, and uncles.  I love that they raised Andrew and helped him become so, so wonderful.  

I'm also thankful for a job where I can work from home, a comfortable place to live, a warm (and extremely comfortable) bed, modern medicine, pictures, the beautiful Earth I live in, the college education I was able to receive, chocolate, cars, indoor plumbing, laughter, and so much more.

While I'm grateful for so much, the Gospel of Jesus Christ is top on my list.  I know that God lives.  I know that Jesus Christ came to Earth and atoned for the sins of the world, including my own.  I know that through Him, I can return and live with Them and my beloved family forever.  I am so grateful for the happiness and peace I have from knowing that Jesus is the Christ.  I'm very grateful for the guidance I receive from that testimony!  I know who I am, where I came from, and what will happen when I die.  What a blessing!!!!

What a perfect start to a wonderful THANKSgiving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment