Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Thanksgiving Week

We had such a good thanksgiving break! And it seemed especially good because Andrew finished his candidacy exam just in time for the holiday. 


We headed to my parents house Tuesday afternoon. They watched Jake and McKenna while Andrew and I went on a date. I love being out with just Andrew, it's so relaxing! And the kids love time with grandma and grandpa. It was a win-win!



Kim and Darrell came later Tuesday night, and Wednesday we went to the Great Lakes Science Center with my grandparents. It was fun to spend time with them, and the kids loved that we let them play in the kid area for 2 hours. Then ended day night we had pie fest, a celebration of thanksgiving desserts. Everyone gets so full with turkey and stuffing and all the delicious thanksgiving dinner foods that you can't really enjoy the desserts. So our family tradition is to have a few people over to eat pies the night before. Andrew made an apple pie and Darrell made his Granny's recipe of chess pie with a chocolate twist. Both were amazing! 


Thanksgiving was wonderfully delicious and lots of fun. We went to my aunt Carolyn and uncle Tom's house for the day, and she knows how to throw a party! It was such a grand meal and it was fun to catch up with my aunts, uncles, and cousins. 


We did LOTS of shopping and got some killer Black Friday deals. We only have 1 more small thing to pick out for McKenna and we are done with our Christmas shopping!



Andrew and my dad went to the OSU vs Michigan game Saturday, my dads 55th birthday. It was a good game with a great ending- a buckeye win. And for the end of November, the weather was fantastic. My parents and Kim and Darrell stayed though dinner Sunday- it was the perfect thanksgiving weekend, and only a few weeks until we get to have my brother home too!


No comments:

Post a Comment