Thursday, February 26, 2015

February Fun (or lack thereof)

This winter has seemed so long and brutal! Luckily at the beginning of the month, there were 2 days one week that there was sunshine and the temperatures were in the upper 30's, so naturally we spend the afternoon outside at the zoo. 



We've been baking, playing with lots of Playdough, painting, doing puzzles, etc. I just keep telling myself it won't last forever and we'll be spending our days outside again soon. Hopefully really soon :) We NEED the park and walks in our lives again. 




It helped a lot with our cold weather blues to have my mom come and stay last weekend. Plus I ended up with either the flu or some food poisoning, and I made it through the worst of it when she was here taking good care of us (phew!). Andrew and I got out before I got sick and the kids had fun with her entertaining them. 

Andrew took Jake outside to play in the snow and my mom read to McKenna forever. Seriously. That girl wants read to for hours and hours every day. I remember wishing Jake would sit for just 1 book at this age and thinking how perfect it would be if he wanted me to read to him a ton. I got what I wished for plus some :)

This is her "read to me another hour because 3 hasn't been enough" face. 



I hope her love of reading continues, because although I'm beyond sick of the handful of books she's interested in, I'm so glad she enjoys it!

Another favorite past-time has been colored baths. Somehow it's so much more exciting when the water isn't just clear. It's the simple things in life, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment