Friday, April 3, 2015

18 months

My sweet, darling, fun, sassy-pants little McKenna Rose is now 18 months old. A year and a half aleady?! It has flown by, but has been such a fun ride. 


McKenna is small, but she packs a lot of personality in that tiny body of hers! 


She lets you know what she wants, whether or not she's in the same room as you. She has the most pronounced pouty lip and the most darling smile. 


She's only 21 lbs and 31 inches, but she loves to eat...as long as it's a fruit, vegetable, pretzels, or chocolate. 


McKenna is such a great talker. Her doctor asked if she is saying at least 2-3 things and I swelled up with pride. She seriously has at least 100 words and is gaining more by the day. I'm sure that's because if she's not picking on Jake or eating her select foods, she's almost certainly reading a book. She'll stand under the bookshelf and point to the ones out of her reach and yell book over and over (with crescendo) until you pull out the right one out and read it to her. She loves books that have flaps to lift and different textures to feel. And she'd much rather have me just talk about the pictures and point different things out than read the words. She's a girl who knows what she wants and goes after it. It's hard sometimes, but it's one of my favorite things about my sweet little girl. 


Another favorite thing is how sweet and tender she can be. Sometimes she picks on her big brother, but often she's handing him her toys and giving Jake kisses, whether he wants them or not. And she is a great hugger. She melts my heart with her big hugs and slobbery kisses. 


I can tell McKenna is going to give us a run for our money, but she is so fun and is insanely easy to love. I'm so lucky to be her mom!!


No comments:

Post a Comment