Sunday, June 7, 2015

Almost!

5/29/15

Andrew is almost done with school. I'm talking SO close! I have been thinking that he's nearly done for about a year, but now it's literally just days away! He defends his dissertation Monday and then will likely have to make a few changes to the document suggested by his committee, but then, that is it! Graduation isn't until August, but for all intents and purposes, this seemingly never-ending phase of school will be over! 


We have been really grateful to spend the last 4 years in Columbus. It's been a great place, especially because my family is so close. We've been able to spend so much time with my parents and Kim and Darrell. It's been awesome!


Despite sadness and some anxieties, we're excited for new adventures ahead. We believe strongly in God and that He leads us in the directions we go, and certainly we have felt His guidance in Andrew accepting a position at Apple. I never thought I'd live in California, but it seems that a lot of things I say I'll never do seem to happen to me whether I like it or not :) And it always works out for the best. So in a week and a half we will follow our hearts and divine inspiration and start an exciting new adventure in San Jose, CA. 


I'm excited to see what the journey ahead holds, but I am forever grateful that we've been able to spend the past 4 years in Ohio ❤️

(P.S. Maybe when we're there we can figure out how to take a family selfie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment