Wednesday, June 3, 2015

McKenna

McKenna is now 20 months old. I can't believe she's about the same age as Jake was when he became a big brother! I don't think she'd handle a new baby very well. In fact, she gets jealous even if I pick up Kyle (our dog). She's a mama's girl, unless Uncle Darrell is around. She seems to have her first ever crush. It's hysterical to watch! She loves her grandparents and Kim a lot too, and I'm excited for her to get to know the rest of her extended family more. From Andrew's side, she's only ever seen her grandparents, and she certainly doesn't remember that because she was only a few weeks old! Thank goodness for FaceTime. 



McKenna is a sweet and sensitive little fireball. She is super cuddly and gives the best hugs, but watch out if she gets mad. And she definitely knows how to get what she wants. I love her personality! She reminds me so much of Kim it's ridiculous. The way she looks and her demeanor- all the sweet and fiesty. I hope she continues to be like her Aunt! She's right about the top of my 'favorite people ever' list.


McKenna has so many great qualities, but being a good sleeper is not one of them. I can't really complain, she does stay about 11 hours per night in her room, but she doesn't like falling asleep and has a really hard time going back to sleep if she wakes up, especially if Andrew or I try to go into her room and comfort her. That's a scary thing, since she and Jake will be sharing a room so soon! She takes a nap every day too, usually for about an hour and a half, including her book time before and after actual sleep time. The girl loves books! Especially books with tabs and are touch and feel. She loves Sesame Street and Curious George. 


McKenna is quite the performer and loves to sing. She has almost mastered the ABC's and really enjoys songs with hand motions. Especially with grandma. She can also bust a move and is quite a cute little dancer.  2 skills mama doesn't have! 


McKenna loves exploring outside, the animals (especially fish) at the zoo, walks in the stroller, Sesame Street, parks, carrying things around, and smiling. 



I'm so glad I get to be McKenna's mom! She's so easy to love!



No comments:

Post a Comment