Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Jake

Jake is now 3 years and 5 months old. I can't believe how fast it's going!



I feel like from about 20 months until he was almost 3, I worried sometimes that he'd be a mean kid and hard to handle as he grew up. Poor Jake. I just needed to give him some time to get out of his terrible 2 phase, which really was terrible some days!


Jake has his moments still, but he is such a good kid. He loves playing outside, jumping off of the tallest things he can get on, Curious George, fixing things/using his play tools, running, washing cars with grandpa, and playing baseball (which could be with any ball or anything that even slightly resembles a bat- ie cookie scoops, spatchulas, etc).



Jake's favorite 
Movie: A Bug's Life
Game: hide and seek
Food: pickles (???)
Activity: fixing things with dad, baseball
Color: red
Time of day: when McKenna is asleep and he gets to watch a show
Treat: blue ice cream
Animal: shark
Pretending: shopping for pickles, being a cat
Music: Frozen
Sing: wheels on the bus


Jake loves going to the park, and he gets really excited if there are other kids there to play with. He's making leaps and bounds socially, and I love watching him interact with others his age. 


He's been doing well going to bed by himself (although it has taken quite a bit of coaching), but he usually comes and climbs into our bed with us around 5 or 6 am. He is attached to a stuffed alligator named "Snap," although only at night. I think I have him convinced that he's lucky that he and McKenna will have to share a room when we move. I, however, am not convinced at all. I'm kind of freaking out about how much less sleep they'll get. 


Jake is so sweet, loves to sing, observe out the car window, and has been really good at being s nice big brother lately. I'm so glad he's mine!


(Also, check out his selfie skills- he takes a picture, turns the phone around to look at it, and laughs hysterically :)


No comments:

Post a Comment