Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Jake's first day of preschool

Jake is going to have A LOT of first day's of school.  Hopefully the rest of them go better than the beginning of the first :) And hopefully they all end as well!  But there is always something exciting and special about the first.

Jake was nervous before heading to school and did not want to go in with the other kids.  Thankfully his teacher's are fantastic and knew how to handle him.  They pulled him right in and tried their hardest to help him have fun.  But I stood behind the building where McKenna and I heard him crying (HARD) and yelling "I want my mommy!" for more than an hour.  Finally I couldn't take it any longer and left.

When I came back to pick him up, his teacher's said that he cried for about an hour and 20 minutes, then decided he had to go to the bathroom.  When he came back from the potty, he acted like nothing was ever wrong and had fun the rest of the class.  And he hasn't looked back.  Jake LOVES going to preschool.  He loves Mrs. Stalker and Mrs. Thomas.  He comes home with the cutest crafts and a better understanding of the letters, colors, shapes, and numbers they work on mastering.  I'm so glad he gets to go to preschool!




No comments:

Post a Comment