Sunday, January 20, 2013

Big Week, Fun Weekend

This week was fairly rough.  My work was crazy and Andrew was busy applying for internships and doing a lot of research.  Jake has been playing with books more than toys lately, and now officially LOVES peanut butter and jelly.





The week was rough with a lot of early mornings and late nights for me and Andrew, but this weekend has been awesome.  By 1:00 yesterday we had done everything we have to for the week, so we've been having lots of fun.  We took Jake on our date to Cuzzins for frozen yogurt, which he gobbled up!


Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the zoo.  It was a beautiful day- about 50 degrees, but extremely windy, so we had to bundle up.  None of the animals were too active, but Andrew and I had a lot of fun talking and laughing and Jake seemed to enjoy the stroller ride.



After going to the zoo, we make a trip to Costco and WalMart for our groceries for the week.  We came home, played with Jake, watched some Modern Family, and Andrew filled out some paperwork for a potential internship that requested more information (which hopefully means he made it through the first round of weeding people out!).

This morning we went to church, where Jake officially learned how to walk!  He can do at least 25 steps in a row.  He's no pro, but I bet by next week he is walking around like a champ.  I can't believe how proud I am and how excited I feel for him.  It is SO fun being a mom!



Andrew is making home-made applesauce, and after dinner I'm sure we'll have a fun evening together as a family.  I'm not looking forward to all the work awaiting us next week, but am loving this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment