Monday, November 17, 2014

Snow

Today it snowed for the first time this winter. Boo :( Jake's happiness almost makes up for how miserable Andrew and I feel about it. And McKenna seems pretty indifferent. She was fine with being out in it as long as I was holding her. She wasn't overly thrilled when I put her down. 


Jake would have played outside all day- I feel like we lasted quite awhile, but then he ran right out of one of his boots. He didn't miss a beat or seem to mind, but I'm sure letting my 2 year old play in the snow in his socks (even 2 pairs) doesn't win me good mom points. And after I bribed him inside with a movie, he probably asked 20 more times throughout the course of the day to go back out. Maybe next time we won't go right after breakfast :)



Jake lost a boot while we were out there, but at least he has boots. Poor McKenna wore a regular pair of shoes with quart sized zip lock bags covering them, secured with rubber bands. No wonder she wanted me to hold her :) They might not have been too classy, but they did the job. Her feet stayed dry and warm. 


I'm afraid we're going to spend a lot more cold days playing in the snow over the next 4 or so months, but at least Jake will be happy and we can get some fresh (albeit freezing) air. Please be kind, Ohio winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment