Thursday, January 5, 2017

1/5

Today was another crazy day.  I feel like we are playing catch-up after a fun break with my parents here.  The laundry pile in my room is impressive.  Or depressing.  One or the other.  And I put most of the kids toys in my room so there would be less available to make a mess with during joy school yesterday, so I literally just had to climb over quite the obstacle course to get to my bed.  Tonight would be a really bad night for our house to catch on fire.  Or for the kids to have nightmares.  I might break my leg 😳 But I have no plans of cleaning up tomorrow.  Looking at the forecast, it's the only non-rainy day for the next 2 weeks!  We need the rain really bad here, but I'm not really very excited about it.  Good thing the kids got rain boots for Christmas.  Apparently I should have gotten some too!

This morning we took Andrew to work on the way to preschool for Jake.  He loves preschool.  Today was the first time since his very first day of preschool a year and a half ago that he cried when I dropped him off.  Hopefully with a couple of good nights of sleep and a fun day playing tomorrow he'll snap out of his funk.  Poor kid!  But his teachers said he was fine as soon as I left, and he was happy when I picked him up.

During school McKenna and I went to the YMCA.  I've really enjoyed working out there lately, and McKenna loves going to the gym ventures class and the kid care room.  And Jake was totally jealous when he heard she got to go.  It's a great set up!

After school we went to Serra Park with Henry from Jake's class and his mom and little sister.  It has been raining quite a bit lately, so it was our first time playing outside in several days, which made it extra fun.


We also managed to squeeze in a trip to Costco, get our groceries home and thrown into the fridge in record time, and make it to swim lessons this afternoon.  McKenna is so funny- happy as a clam bouncing around the pool giggling.  Jake was madder than a hornet and would hardly participate today because he got some water up his nose in the first few minutes of class. I hate that feeling too!  But they both had a fun time and are enjoying the water.  Fingers crossed that they make some progress!


We picked up Andrew on the way home from work, had dinner, gave the kids baths, read book and did the whole bedtime routine, and then watched the bachelor once they fell asleep.  I'm exhausted!  It's been a busy couple of days!  I'm looking forward to some sunshine and fun tomorrow.  Hopefully poor Jake is feeling a little more himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment