Monday, January 2, 2017

Sunbeam McKenna

As a new year's resolution, I am going to try and keep a better record of my family's happenings.  My goal is to write something small everyday.  I realize this is a lofty goal, so I'm going to be happy if I just do it a couple of times a week.

Today was a great day.  My parents are staying with us for the Christmas holiday, which makes things way more fun and way easier.  They entertain the kids so well and I get to sit back, relax, and watch all the laughing and playing.  

Jake and McKenna were really good during church today- the first day of 1:00pm church 🙄  It was McKenna's first day as a sunbeam at church!  She was made for things like this- sitting with other kids, listening to lessons, answering questions, and especially singing songs.  I had no doubt she'd love primary.

Also, she told my mom this morning how much everyone would love her boots and that all her friends would love her dress and tell her how pretty she was- oh boy! She is so into jewelry and headbands.  All she asked for for Christmas was a doll and dresses.  She's SO girly!



During the 3rd hour of church, my friend Kirstin Hansen got a text from her sunbeam teacher, Lyndsi, that McKenna would not stop hugging her little buddy Anderson, complete with pictures.  I think I'm in trouble with her!  After church she told me she kissed him a couple of times too 😳 Apparently he had to tell her several times "that's enough McKenna." 



Jake also seems to like his new teacher.  He doesn't that sort of thing as much as McKenna does, but he sure had a fun morning playing games and a fun afternoon watching a movie and snuggling with grandma and grandpa.  I'm feeling extra lucky today for my family and for the church.


No comments:

Post a Comment