Sunday, December 2, 2012

First Trip to Urgent Care

A couple of weeks ago, Jake came down with what the doctor called "a nasty cold."  He was pretty miserable, but aside from the fever which was controlled by medications, it was more a nuisance than anything.  But when Andrew and I got feeling better from the same cold, Jake did not.  His congestion increased and his dry cough started to sound more productive and painful, and it was getting harder for him to breathe (although not so much that I would have rushed him to the ER or anything).  Plus after a few days of a nasty diaper rash that kept looking worse even with Balmex, I was feeling really bad for my little guy.

I called the doctor Friday late morning to see if I could give him a cough suppressant, or what she would suggest.  They were a lot more worried about Jake's symptoms than I was and suggested he needed to be seen before the weekend.  However, they didn't have any appointments available and said I should take him to a children's urgent care.

So off we went.  Jake's lungs sounded fine- phew!  The poor kid has an ear infection, a yeast infection, and the flu.  I'm glad we went because he got antibiotics going right away and should be feeling much better again soon.  But as of now, he's miserable!

Not a fun way for him to celebrate turning 11 months, but he was still pretty happy and good for the most part.  I feel so blessed to have such a sweet little boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment